With its exciting health benefits it can help improve many people’s quality of life since this fruit delivers many healthy pluses to the average human body.
Pineapples remind us of the Hawaiian beach and the fun and dance that goes along with it. This delicious tropical fruit treat is so much a staple diet in the Hawaiian diet, that when there’s a sun shower in Hawaii, locals call it ‘pineapple juice.’ Available all the year round, pineapple is an inexpensive, nutritious fruit. Below are some reasons to stock up on pineapple and enjoy the juicy delicacies.
Loaded with Vitamin C – Did you know that one cup of pineapple chunks contains 131 percent of the daily value of Vitamin C, which helps protect the body against viruses and builds thereby building a strong skin defence mechanism against infection. So, instead of restricting yourself to the regular orange or grapefruit, enjoy the juicy flavour of a tropical pineapple to get your daily requirement of this important nutrient.
It helps you have strong bones – Single cup of approximately 165 grams of pineapple contains about 76% of the recommended daily value of manganese which is essential for maintaining strong bones and healthy connective tissues. Thus, in addition to brushing your teeth and flossing, you should add a healthy dose of pineapple to your dental routine.
It is a good digestive aid – To add to its benefit, pineapples also contain bromelain, an enzyme that aids indigestion, controls coughs, and loosens mucus. In order to maximize its health benefits on the digestive system, its best to eat pineapple in between meals as a snack. Bromelain is also very effective at reducing inflammation from infections and injuries thus it helps reduce swelling, bruising, healing time, and pain after physical injuries and surgery.
Idle for weight watchers – With its natural sweet and filling qualities, it is a good option for those looking for a sweet snack with the good taste coming in from the natural sugar it contains. At the same time weight watchers should be happy that they consume Pineapples which are 87% water and relatively few calories as compared to high-sugar or high-fat foods.
Improves your eye sight – Along with carrots that keep your eyes bright and healthy eating three or more servings of fruit a day too may lower risk of vision loss in older adults by as much as 36 percent. By adding more pineapple to your diet you ensure getting the antioxidants you need to slow or halt the development of ARMD.
Ways to enjoy a Pineapple –
– You can eat it as it is or add pineapple to a variety of foods for new and unusual tastes.
– Add them to chicken, salads, and vegetables to get a tart flavour.
– Soak pineapple chunks in brown sugar and using a toothpick skewer them in their own juice.
– For a unique taste and texture add them to sauces, sundaes, stews and sorbets.
– Pair them with walnuts, raisins, whipped cream and get a sugar punch with fibre and make it an enjoyable diet food.
– If you prefer pineapple juice to the pulp, remember the nutritional benefits of a pineapple in a liquid form is different than when eaten as a whole fruit.
– Along with pineapple there are tropical fruits which are also high in manganese, like raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and bananas. Make a delicious fruit salad packed with manganese and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Copyright © 2023 About Pathankot | Website by RankSmartz ()