#Facebook #Google #Instagram #YouTube #WhatsApp
Starts from Rs 4999 Monthly
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.
Current Status: (as on 26 March 2020)
Pathankot: Confirmed 0, Suspected 3
Punjab: Total 33, Active 32, Fatal 1
India: Total 649, Active 593, Recovered 43, Fatal 13
Total Confirmed Cases: 472,030
Active cases: 336,020
Recovered cases: 114,713
Fatal cases: 21,297
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
HOW IT SPREADS
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
Dial National Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 or 1075
Helpline Email ID: ncov2019[at]gov[dot]in
Government of India is taking all necessary steps to ensure that we are prepared well to face the challenge and threat posed by the growing pandemic of COVID 19 – the Corona Virus. With active support of the people of India, we have been able to contain the spread of the Virus in our country. The most important factor in preventing the spread of the Virus locally is to empower the citizens with the right information and taking precautions as per the advisories being issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
People of all ages CAN be infected by the coronavirus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
THERE IS A LOT OF FALSE INFORMATION AROUND. THESE ARE THE FACTS.
– Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the CoronaVirus .
– Hand dryers are NOT effective in killing the CoronaVirus.
– There is NO evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the CoronaVirus.
– The CoronaVirus CAN be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.
– Ultraviolet light SHOULD NOT be used for sterilization and can cause skin irritation.
– Garlic is healthy but there is NO evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the CoronaVirus.
– The CoronaVirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
– Thermal scanners CAN detect if people have a fever but CANNOT detect whether or not someone has the CoronaVirus.
– Antibiotics DO NOT work against viruses, antibiotics only work against bacteria.
– There is NO evidence that companion animals/pets such as dogs or cats can transmit the CoronaVirus.
– Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body WILL NOT kill viruses that have already entered your body.
– To date, there is NO specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the CoronaVirus.
– Taking a hot bath DOES NOT prevent the CoronaVirus.
– Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine, DO NOT provide protection against the CoronaVirus.