Keep these don’ts in mind while adopting the reigning fashion trends for your wardrobe
1. Sheer, translucent and net are major trends this season. However, blindly copying them off the runway could serve to bring attention to your problem areas like the tummy, arms and thighs. If you must follow these trends, do it subtly (narrow sheer panels or a see-through but modest neckline, for instance).
2. Slouchy chic and the oversize trends involve soft and loose silhouettes, rounded shoulders, billowy skirts and dolman sleeves. However, pairing a loose blouse with flared pants or pajamas will give you a bulky appearance. Instead opt for fitted pants or ankle-length trousers with it, and cinch the waist with a wide belt for definition.
3. Big and bold prints are trending on the runways but they are best steered clear of if you want to look leaner. If you still want to go bold, wear only piece of clothing with a bold print in a muted or earthy tone. Do not mix prints unless they are dainty.
4. Stretch jersey fabric is a tricky one to pull off. It will highlight excess bulge if worn close to the skin so it’s best to avoid it. A more wearable alternative to stretch jersey is viscose.
5. Sloppy separates in the wrong proportions spell disaster. Get the proportions right and keep your choices vibrant.
6. Dresses that have cutouts at the waist look great on women with an hourglass figure and enviable abs. However, if you are pear-shaped or having flab around your tummy, do not follow this trend. If you must, look for cutout detailing at the arms and upper back.
7. Colour trends for the coming venture into flamboyant territory with sunshine yellow, burning orange, vibrant orchid and chilli red getting major attention. However, a head-to-toe ensemble in any of these colours will make you look bigger. Find a way out with accessories in these shades.
Copyright © 2023 About Pathankot | Website by RankSmartz ()