No matter how impeccably you’re dressed, if you have shabby nails, somehow your entire look can fall apart.
Your nails not only have aesthetic value but can also reveal a lot about your health, say experts. Your fingernails are made up of a protein known as keratin. A healthy nail is smooth, light pink and does not have any grooves or dents. It also does not break or crack easily. Here are some easy to follow and effective tips that will keep your nails looking and feeling healthy…
– Cut your fingernails regularly and make it a habit to file them every two to three days. Not only will this keep them in shape but also ensure that they don’t break easily.
– Make it a weekly habit to soak your fingers in a bowl of warm water and lemon juice. This will strengthen your nails. If your nails are weak, use a nail strengthener or hardener daily. There are several varieties available in the market today.
– Don’t snip off your cuticles when you do a manicure. They’re there to protect your nails and when you cut them off, you’re inviting infections.
– While white spots or lines appear on nails at times, they usually grow out on their own. However, if they persistently keep appearing, it could indicate a deficiency of some sort. Ask your doctor to prescribe some tests.
– Try and keep your nails as dry as possible. regular contact with water can weaken them. If you have to do the dishes, wear rubber gloves.
– Don’t cut your nails too short. This might cause painful in-growths. And when you moisturise your arms and legs, don’t forget to moisturise your nails and cuticles as well.
– Don’t apply nail polish all the time. This will cause you nails to acquire a yellow tinge and also make them brittle. Allow a fed days of ‘breathing time’ inbetween your manicure sessions.
Copyright © 2023 About Pathankot | Website by RankSmartz ()
Leave a Reply