Want to snuggle up to a stylish hot water bottle? Here’s how to sew your own hot water bottle bag in 10 simple steps…
You will need
– 1 hot water bottle
– Two pieces of fabric, each measuring 11 x 7in (28 x 17.75cm)
– Two strips of contrasting fabric, each measuring 11 x 3½in (28 x 9cm) for the top of the bag
– Two strips of contrasting fabric, each measuring 11 x 4½in (28 x 11.5cm) for the bottom of the bag
– Two fabric lining pieces, each measuring 11 x 15in (28 x 38cm)
– Two pieces of fusible fleece, each measuring 11 x 15in (28 x 38cm)
– Ten small eyelets A length of cord measuring 24in (61cm)
– Air-erasable ink pen
1. Lay out your strips of two contrasting fabrics above and below the main fabric and place a hot water bottle on top. Make sure all the fabric is 2in (5cm) larger than the water bottle all round.
2. Sew the top and bottom contrasting strips, right sides together, with the main fabric and press. Repeat with the other side.
3. Iron the fusible fleece to the back of your lining pieces. Sew the top of the lining, right sides together, to the top of the bag; repeat with the other side.
4. Place both pieces of the bag together, right sides facing and outer fabric matching outer fabric and lining to lining.
5. Sew all the way round, leaving a gap of about 3in (7.5cm) at the bottom of the lining for turning. Try to make sure your panels of contrasting fabric match at the side seams.
6. Turn the right way out and press. Sew the opening together by hand, using a ladder stitch.
7. Push the lining into the bag. It’s a little longer than the outer fabric, so will leave a nice contrasting trim at the top of the bag.
8. Mark the position of the eyelets with an air-erasable pen. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to apply the eyelets.
9. Thread the cord through the eye lets. Once it is pulled through evenly, hand-sew a few stitches through the back of the cord to secure in place.
10. Fill the bottle with warm water, pop inside your cover and snuggle up.
Copyright © 2023 About Pathankot | Website by RankSmartz ()
Leave a Reply